Careers Education at Oasis Academy Arena
At Oasis Academy Arena, we understand the value of an exceptional careers education programme and the positive impact this can have on our student’s futures.
Our careers programme is delivered in a number of ways; from meeting and talking to individuals and organisations, dedicated lessons on skills for the working world, alongside an emphasis within subject areas as to how they relate to potential career paths. At each point we endeavour to ensure our provision is adapted to the needs of our individual students.
We provide each student with range of meaningful experiences of the working world alongside interactions with representatives from a wide range of employment sectors. We ensure all students are aware of the range of educational pathways available to them from GCSE and beyond, to ensure they are making aspirational choices for their future.
We ensure each student can access one to one information and guidance meetings to prepare them for transition points within their educational journey.
Please click HERE to view our Access Provider Policy for 2018-2019.
At Oasis Academy Arena, we equip students with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to make informed and aspirational choices, to become in their chosen fields and to shape the futures of their communities.
How we Support Careers & Work Related Learning at Oasis Academy Arena
- Work and careers related enrichment opportunities for all year groups
- Dedicated work experience opportunity for Year 10 students
- Links with and visits from Post 16 providers
- Advice on Post 16 and Careers Options
How do we evaluate careers education at Oasis Academy Arena
The quality of the careers education will be evaluated twice each year in the following ways:-
- Next steps taken by students once completing Year 11 education
- Evaluation and student voice taken through questionnaire each summer by Year 7 - 10
- Impact on options based on careers evaluation at the start of Year 10.
The next publication of information will be Summer 2021
How we are Planning to Further Develop Careers at Oasis Academy Arena
We will have a fully developed careers strategy in place by September 2019 this will outline how we will accomplish the following:
- A thorough and inclusive information sharing about all Post 16 and Career Options
- Regular and up to date sharing on Labour Market Information
- A wide range range of inspiring visits, speakers and experiences to encourage students toward aspirational goals
- A curriculum that is fully integrated with applicable work related learning and careers knowledge, skills and experiences
If you want to know more or believe that you may be able to support our work in this area, please do get in touch. Our careers and work related learning lead is Ms Kat Maguire and she can be contacted Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays by email on Kat.Maguire@oasisarena.org or by telephone on 020 8240 6700 (ext. 75011)