Careers Education at Oasis Academy Arena
Our careers pathway for all students in Years 7-10 can be accessed by clicking on the specific year groups below. This will detail all the information you require to understand how careers education will be delivered to your child at Oasis Academy Arena.
Please click HERE to view our Access Provider Policy for 2018-2019.
At Oasis Academy Arena, we equip students with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to make informed and aspirational choices, to become in their chosen fields and to shape the futures of their communities.
How we Support Careers & Work Related Learning at Oasis Academy Arena
- Work and careers related enrichment opportunities for all year groups
- Dedicated work experience opportunity for Year 10 students
- Links with and visits from Post 16 providers
- Advice on Post 16 and Careers Options
How do we evaluate careers education at Oasis Academy Arena
The quality of the careers education will be evaluated twice each year in the following ways:-
- Next steps taken by students once completing Year 11 education
- Evaluation and student voice taken through questionnaire each summer by Year 7 - 10
- Impact on options based on careers evaluation at the start of Year 10.
The next publication of information will be Summer 2019.
How we are Planning to Further Develop Careers at Oasis Academy Arena
We will have a fully developed careers strategy in place by September 2019 this will outline how we will accomplish the following:
- A thorough and inclusive information sharing about all Post 16 and Career Options
- Regular and up to date sharing on Labour Market Information
- A wide range range of inspiring visits, speakers and experiences to encourage students toward aspirational goals
- A curriculum that is fully integrated with applicable work related learning and careers knowledge, skills and experiences
If you want to know more or believe that you may be able to support our work in this area, please do get in touch. Our careers and work related learning lead is Ms Kat Maguire and she can be contacted Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays by email on Kat.Maguire@oasisarena.org or by telephone on 020 8240 6700 (ext. 75011)